This is the privacy notice of Front Row Music. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Front Row Music and its associated franchises. Our company numbers are 07526772, 08903465, 10958633, 11351805, 09208165, 10296850, 11197374 registered in England and Wales.
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all our clients and students are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information we collect.
- This policy explains how we collect data, how we use and store information and what it means for you. We also have specific Terms and Conditions when signing up to lessons, which you should read as well.
What information do we collect?
- Directly with us
We collect personal information each time you deal with us, for example when you register yourself or your child for our lessons, purchase an instrument, make an enquiry (in person, by email, through the website, over the phone or otherwise), make a payment, respond to questionnaires or updates, provide us with feedback, or otherwise provide your personal details, we collect the information you provide.
- From website interaction with us
We collect non-personal data such as IP addresses, details of pages visited and files downloaded from our website. Website usage information is collected using cookies. See the section on Cookies below.
- Information from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we may sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.No such information is personally identifiable to you.
- Where you give your permission to other organisations
- From publicly available data
We may collect information from Companies House for example, and information published in articles, newspapers or blogs.
- Sensitive data
Where you provide the information directly, we may collect sensitive personal data, including but not limited to, religious beliefs, or physical or mental health.
What do we do with it?
- Basis of processing your data
- The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
- Contractual obligation: when you pay for our service or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it to:
- Provide you with our services;
- Provide you with updates and resources;
- Sell or recommend products to you;
- Contact you about any changes to our service;
- Provide you with suggestions and advice on products or services.
We process this information on the basis that there is a contract between us. We will continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract (see our Terms & Conditions).
- Consent: By signing yourself or your child up to our lessons through our sign-up slips or online web form, you have given us consent to collect and process the personalinformation you provide. You are free to change your preferences at any time by contacting us by telephone, post or email as shown in the below section.
- Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us an email to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
- Except when you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
- If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists. You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our services further.
- Legitimate Interest: We may process information on the basis that there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so. When you have requested we teach you or your child, we may rely on our legitimate interest in order to collect the information we need to provide this service. Where we process your information on this basis, we do so after having given careful consideration to:
- Whether the same objective could be achieved throug